Thursday 2 September 2010

Leek and Potato Soup

Please don't be insulted by me posting such a simple dish as this.  But I made it, it was lovely and thought you should know.  Not much to say about it except that is very quick to cook, satisfying and great for the freezer, which is what I intend to do with the left-overs.

Leek and Potato Soup
My Recipe:

500g Baby New Potatoes (because that is what I had in - skins left on!)
1 Leek
1 Celery Stick
1 Onion
125ml Veg Stock
(Some) Double Cream - to your liking
Salt and Pepper
Grated Cheese (to serve)

Chop everything up and half the larger potatoes
Soften in vegetable oil on a medium heat







Add Stock and simmer for 20 minutes
Blitz with a hand blender
Add cream (to your liking)






Sprinkle grated cheese and serve








Makes about 4 good sized portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment